Ram for AGP!!

Blindraven blindraven at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 04:53:52 BST 2007

Well, I'm an idiot!
I was messing around with an old box after it was screwing with my home
network, I decided it would be a good idea to swap parts in and out and when
I decided to reboot it, there was no beep and no display - though everything
seemed to be powered. So I decided all on my own that it was pop-luck it
ever ran after I swapped out the CPU (which was a 1.6) with a 3.2GHZ - the
fact that it ran for a few weeks was probably luck. Because when theres no
beep its normally the PSU, right!

So I popped in a 90$ Antec PSU and poof, thick white smoke for all to enjoy
- perhaps it was the fact that it was a 580, as oppose to the 450 that was
in there - though I  could see nothing wrong with the swap-out, maybe it to
was ready to go.

So now I'm left with around 8 sticks of old DDR 512 ram, 2 groovy corsair
sticks with funky "high heat resistant" cases (though these are only 256 mb
sticks) a crazy looking motherboard ( an Abit IC7-MAX3) and a couple of
hardrives - however, I dont have an AGP card to get this old Motherboard
working.

So, I propose a trade, I'll swap anyone for their old shitty AGP video cards
in return for my old shitty DDR RAM. I think its a fair bargain, since the
ram would be worth more regardless, I now have no computer to set up CentOS
on to study for my RHCE and I'm really in the mood to study.

I live in the Botany area so if you want we can exchange numbers and arrange
to post the parts to each other or something (or meet, whatever)

Oh, did I mention I also have a 1.6GHZ chip laying around with that ram, its
a p4 (forget what socket, same socket as motherboard posted above). so If
that AGP card you have is fiarly decent I'll chuck that CPU in with it.

If I seem desperate its because I'm a student, leave me alone :P

Regards,
Tony.

--
When one burns ones bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.