CLP? Novell course 3072

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 9 21:42:52 BST 2007

My experience as someone who regularly interviews  potential employees
mirrors the feelings below.

These certificate courses aren't worth the paper they are written on.
Most of them are far too short (5 days experience with an operating
system?  I've got 10 years of commercial Linux experience and I'm still
learning stuff every day).

I would say of all the courses out there, the RHCE is about the only one
that has any credibility.  Even then, I think the cost to the individual
is ludicrous for the minuscule amount of time you spend in training.  I
certainly wouldn't recommend an individual for employment if they had
just an RHCE under their belt and nothing else.

-Dan