Vodafone Australia - Browser Advice

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 1 09:13:02 BST 2007

Install the User Agent Switcher addon for Firefox:

This will add an option within Firefox that allows you to customise how
Firefox reports itself to web servers.  I use this very frequently to
log on to "IE only" sites and services both on the web and within
companies (many businesses used "web-based' ERP and finance systems that
are IE-only, but work fine in Firefox).

This will get you past the front page of many sites that blatantly
reject different browsers by fooling then into thinking you are running
IE on Windows.  Best of all, it doesn't require you to use IE or any
form of emulation/vm software.

If however the site has merely been coded poorly and doesn't work with
Firefox, then your choices are limited.

Outside of Linux users, Mac users are also discriminated against by
sites like these.  Safari is based on KHTML which is the core rendering
engine for the KDE/Konqueror web browser.  Anyone who does such silly
things is obviously not concerned with their customer's online safety by
forcing them to use an inferior web browser plagued with security issues.

-Dan