Support Gmail Backup Petition

Martin Visser martinvisser99 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 04:42:34 GMT 2007

What's wrong with the POP3 and IMAP method that they have provided?
Supposing that they did provide a "backup" facility what format do you
propose it should take? Should it just be a tarball/zip of all the
mail with all it's headers, and if so what viewer or other method do
you propose you would use to trawl through the mail - assuming that
downloading via IMAP/POP3 isn't good enough. As far as I can see,
gmail provide a service no different to any other mail provider or
ISP,  why would you them expect to provide anything different?

(BTW it doesn't look like a petition to me - just a blog post).

Regards, Martin

Martin Visser