printers

Jean Hollis Weber jeanweber at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:39:05 GMT 2007

FWIW, my preference is for black-and-white laser printers instead of colour
inkjets. For my needs, the cost of toner works out cheaper than the cost of
ink cartridges, and I don't need colour.

I agree that HP are generally great, and I've also had good luck with
Lexmark, but you have to check the box carefully to see if it's
Windows-only (ie no smarts in the machine itself). In my experience, the
cheaper the printer the more likely it is Windows-only and/or has very
expensive replacement toner or ink.

--Jean