SylpheedClaws Mail program and Evolution and Meetings for the Northern Suburbss

Tony Brow tbrow at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 27 08:48:23 BST 2007

Thanks to Simon for the reply about Sylpheed Claws. I must say it is
lightning quick with receiving emails, but I had problems with it where,
at one stage I had four messages and they repeated themselves every time
I only looked at the program, resulting in 105 messages.  There was an
upgrade,but the Apt-get program replied that I did have the latest
update, and that upgrade could not be installed. I have come to the
conclusion that Sylpheed Claws must be still in the 'beta stage'. It
also stopped me from receiving the ubuntu .au list. This came back by
itself when I opened Evolution again.

I would like to know why, when opening a "new outbound" message window
in Evolution, the email address list cannot be accessed from there.
There is no icon for 'an address book'. Any ideas, please for us
newbies ?

Lastly, I would like to know, if there are any 'Ubuntunites' in the
greater Strathpine, BaldHills, Redcliffe and Caboolture  areas ? Maybe
a meeting venue can be set up somewhere, I realise it can be a bit of a
bug to travel to the City for meetings for some folks. I don't believe
there only Ubuntunites in the City areas.

Well that is enough for me before I go over in to bookform,

--
Tony Brow <tbrow at tpg.com.au>