A ubuntu-au package?

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 03:32:50 BST 2007

Hi Mark, and everyone else..

Great minds think alike.. I have been playing with this idea for a
little while now, but haven't made any grand announcement just yet.

  See:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PaulSchulz/Projects/AustralianTeamPackage
  http://community.mawsonlakes.org/mediawiki/index.php/Ubuntu-au-package

I was hoping to tidy the idea up a little more before presenting at a
Ubuntu-au meeting...

I was also going to make the contents available via a 'git' archive so
that others can participate in building it.. it is a project that will
require everyones help. This will be stage 2.

One other item for consideration is the 'terms' of the collection..

  I would only like to consider 'Free and Open' licenced content.
  eg. We can't just copy the list of calender event from an almanac that
  we buy from the shop. We need to go to the source of the information
  and ge tit first hand under a suitable license.

Cheers,
Paul

ps. I have added your ideas Mark..

On 3/26/07, Mark M Lambert <mark+linux.ubuntu at marklambert.net> wrote:
> Another cunning plan .. (I feel like the Baldric of ubuntu-au)
>
> Should we create > 2. Firefox search extensions for Auspost postcodes, whitepages that
>    sort of thing
> 3. Sample feed list with various quality Australia RSS feeds
> 4. Local streaming radio stations for Rhythmbox or whatever eg 2SER

a tar archive or .deb package that contains a number of