mac dock for ubuntu

Tate Johnson tate at
Thu Jun 28 10:48:48 BST 2007

On 28/06/2007, at 7:49 AM, martin fricke wrote:

> I've seen screenshots of a Mac-like Dock for Ubuntu. Does anyone know
> where I can get it and what it's called?
> Cheers,
> Marty
> ubuntu-au at

You might be interested in "Avant Window Navigator". I've seen it
configured on some desktops to look exactly like the Mac OS X dock
bar. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it has the capability to launch
applications like in OS X (Yet), but it certainly displays your open

In terms of the OS X menu bar, aquila_deus wrote a patch for GTK that
allows you to place the "File, Edit, Tools" toolbar as an applet on
the panel. You can find some information about it here.

Lastly, if you're using Beryl/Compiz, you'll be able to duplicate
"Expose" for arranging Windows. With the write GTK/Emerald/Metacity
theme, you'd certainly have a Mac OS X look-a-like

Have fun