wireless card

Peter Schwenke peter at bluetoad.com.au
Tue Jun 26 04:25:37 BST 2007

Melchior Mazzone wrote:
> Todd,
> I used to have a WG511v2 also, and managed to get it working well by following
> this how-to on the Ubuntu forums:
> I used the windows XP driver off the drivers CD, but I'm sure the downloaded
> one will work just as well :)
> Good luck!
> Mel

and this thread

As Kim said you need to determine the chipset of the card.  To do this,
type

lspci -vv

in a terminal or maybe you can see it with System/Administration/Device
Manager

If it is Intersil/ Prism it will be supported with the Prism54 driver.
You probably can't do WPA (couldn't last time I looked quite a while
back).  I have a WG511 V2 around here somewhere.

--
                                                              ...Peter