unable to unmount volume

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 06:29:51 BST 2007

On 16/06/07, James Takac <p3nndrag0n at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I have a lexar jump drive which ubuntu (7.04) tells me it's unable to
> unmount.
> This morning I even had 2 icons on the desktop for it after booting up the
> laptop with the 2nd persisting after the drive was removed. Any ideas?
>
> James

Recently, a visiting friend (an XP user) had a Lexar flash drive.  That too
would not eject from Ubuntu so had to be yanked out without ceremony.  There
was something else that it refused to do, I do not remember exactly what
that was but have a suspicion that it had something to do with file
transfers.  It just would not do it.

I have 3 flash drives, Kingston,Astone and Exigo which work perfectly.
Perhaps your Lexar drive is faulty.

Cheers,
Andre

andremangan at gmail.com