Network problems with Ubuntu 7.04

Rand Al Thor randalthor_thedragonreborn at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 03:51:37 BST 2007

Hi all.

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 7.04 and to my dismay I couldn't get it to connect to the net.
Even though the network applet on the desktop was reporting that I was connected to the wired network.

Creating a static IP address doesn't fix the problem either.

The following is my machine specs and router.

AMD 64 3200+
2GB of RAM
7950GT 256 Vid card from Leadtek

Motherboard: ASUS A8V-E SE
Network card: TP-LINK Gigabit Ethernet adapter Model: TG-3269/TG-3201
Using the above network card cause my original motherboard one was faulty.

Router: Belkin Broadband Voice Modem/Router - wireless 4 port                 Part # F1PI241EGau
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=203283&pcount=&Product_Id=247049

I'd appreciate any help. I took a dive or two into the massive pool of knowledge on Ubuntu and networking out there on the
internet but I found little of use.

Regards.
      Ubuntu 7.04       Fedora Core 4       Windows XP HOME       Windows Vista Business-----------------------------------