negative scanner

Sam Stainsby sam at stainsby.id.au
Mon Jun 11 04:43:48 BST 2007

Lisa wrote:
> I suppose I'll have to compile a new kernel, to get around the USB_SUSPEND
> bug that is plaguing alot of Ubuntu scanner users too.

My scanner was broken by the upgrade. I was not very happy because we
use it for our business. I have been using command line tools to avoid
the problem. I recently read about this work-around, but have not tried
it yet:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/fixing-a-scanner-broken-by-the-feisty-upgrade.html

As I tend not to go through the fiddly process of recompiling kernels
these days, I expect I'll try it out. Has anyone tried this?

Cheers,
Sam.

--
Sam Stainsby