Australian repository gone AWOL?

Andrew Swinn list1 at phlosten.info
Fri Jul 27 05:04:05 BST 2007

Michael Fox wrote:
> Yeah I noticed optus was offline a day or two ago.. it kept giving
> errors, so I moved over to someone that did work.

I was wondering whether there is some process for moving away from Optus
as the default Australian mirror?

Optus' mirror service is just so poor and this is a prime example. It's
definitely not a good look to have a freshly installed Ubuntu system
fail with upgrading packages because of this. I know it's fairly easy to
change the sources list but if it sucks this much it just shouldn't be
there.

Can the Ubuntu developers make a change to how the default is setup?

Andrew