dead keyboard blocks installation

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 20 07:21:53 BST 2007

On Friday 20 July 2007 14:24:12 Andre Mangan wrote:
> Mine says 'button.has_state    bool  false' as well.
>
> 1.  You could unplug it and plug it back in or plug it into another usb
> port.
> 2.  If it is a PS2 connection, try to interchange it with the mouse
> connection.
> 3.  Check the keyboard entry in your BIOS.
> 4.  Try the install again after making sure that all peripheral connections
> are sound.

Another possibility if things still don't work is to use a USB to PS/2
adapter, assuming the mouse plugs in via USB at the moment. Your mouse may
have come bundled with such an adapter.

I don't know what kind of machine you have, but it's rare on 'modern' systems
(last 5 years or so) to have problems with USB mice. Still, you never know.

Les