Linux Smartphone - was Re: Telstra next generation phone

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jul 19 07:45:37 BST 2007

This one time, at band camp, Trisha Cupra wrote:

> I have a related question: I want to get a mobile that can send/receive
> email and surf the internet, but I don't want to get a smartphone with
> Windows Mobile on it. Is there a Linux-based alternative? I'm going to
> be travelling around Australia next year, and need to be able to use
> email and the internet on the road.

There is the OpenMoko option, but it's pretty embryonic.  There are
other options too.  Symbian, used on Nokia's smartphones, is pretty
good.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Just because you're on holiday, doesn't mean you're not a geek.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

I've got nothing against any Viet Cong.

- Muhammed Ali in refusing to register for the draft