Telstra next generation phone

Peter Schwenke peter at bluetoad.com.au
Thu Jul 19 00:25:47 BST 2007

squareyes wrote:
> Hi all,
> have just acquired a next generation Telstra phone, which is (according
> to manual able to connect via usb and bluetooth.
> Sadly in this area CDMA and Next generation are the only mobiles that
> can get a signal. Would like to be able to
> download any pictures I may take with the phone, although there will be
> very few.
> The phone  LG TU 500 , I have had suggested a bluetooth dongle,
> (supposedly plug and play), does anyone know if
> either usb ( which comes with Win software) or the bluetooth dongle is
> likely to work, before I lash out with the
> funds for the usb cable ($45) or the dongle?
> Any suggestions very much appreciated.
> Take Care
>
> Winton

I've had the situation with a Nokia phone where the Nokia USB cable
wasn't able to connect to Linux.  Apparently,  a 3rd party cable did
work.  Odd but true.

I haven't struck any bluetooth incompatibilities.

Bluetooth is nicer to use.  You set up the bluetooth file sharing
application and you just need to be in proximity of your PC and send a
file to it from the phone.  It is very easy on Ubuntu.

With the USB cable you have to get the cable out (or have it lying
around), plug it in, and then copy from it like a USB stick. Well, I
suppose you probably won't leave the Bluetooth dongle in all the time...

Note that there seem to be Bluetooth dongles that have a shorter or
longer range.

--
                                                              ...Peter