mostly installation issues
aussietrias at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:52:13 BST 2007
Want more? Do not send any money...
1) Openoffice document conversion wizard-i tried to use it to convert my
files but it is bugged. I got that confirmed eventually and apparently it's
because ubuntu removed something from openoffice. Now i'm wondering if i
can uninstall ubuntu openoffice and install the real thing which apparently
2) I tried installing several games. boy it's hard to get these things
going. Freecol is going fine now, even have a launcher for it. Not bad
3) Planeshift i dunno. I got the .bin i gave it executable permissions i
run it. the pretty installer comes up but the install target location i
don't have permission for so i sudo run it as suggested in forums and it
installs but... i as user can't run the client or the updaters etc because
i'm not root.
4) Warzone2100. I got the script and tried to follow the suggestions on
Unfortunately it didn't work. I got problems in the 'make' step and am
wondering if it's a 64 bit issue
5) Freedroid also didn't work but the instructions provided by them in the
INSTALL file are rather vague.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-au