Running NINEMSN games in 7.04

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:32:51 BST 2007

On 15/07/07, Peter Watts <watto_one at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the
> games in ninemsn downloaded and installed on Fiesty. I
> tried using the live CD and downloaded wine but I
> couldn't get the program to install.

I had a look at the ninemsn site and found that demo versions of some of the
games advertised there are on the current APC magazine disc and also on the
PCworld disc.  They play in Windows XP with Direct X 9c.  Where the
requirement is stated as Vista, Direct X 10 is provided on the APC disc.

WINE cannot run these games.

NINEMSN is 50% Microsoft and would not make games for Feisty.

To play games on your computer you need to dual boot Ubuntu Feisty and
Windows XP...and yes, that means paying Microsoft to use  their product.

Cheers,
Andre

andremangan at gmail.com