Newbie Install Advice

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Sat Jul 7 16:28:19 BST 2007

Trias wrote:
> Ok i downloaded it from an unmetered mirror (the dvd version is not
> available on the ubuntu website).  I can see now i have the 32 bit
> version i will try the 64 bit and see if that works.
>
> I never burn at full bore.
>
> I don't have another distro tho I could get it.  I'm getting knoppix
> 5.1.1 dvd now.
>
> I live in Adelaide southern area.

Hi Trias,
I have 32 bit version of 7.04 (live/install) running very nicely on an
AMD 64 Athlon X2 . No install problems at all.
Why not get the CD version from the Ubuntu site and give that a try if
you are lucky enough to have broadband? If not get in touch with me and
I will send you a copy, I live north of Adelaide.
Take Care
Winton