ubuntu-au Digest, Vol 11, Issue 25

Christopher Lees christopher_lees at iprimus.com.au
Sat Jan 20 13:16:23 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 12:00 +0000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

> Note that this does not necessarily carry across to Ubuntu. There has been
> some talk of ceasing Ubuntu PPC development, but at this point it is likely
> just a rumour or a far-off plan. Nevertheless, there are plenty of
> distributions with capable PPC variants. Some, like Yellow Dog, focus in PPC
> exclusively.

Feisty Fawn will not have official PowerPC support from Canonical; the
decision to drop official support from new releases was made a little
while ago. AFAIK there's still a community port though.

There are only really two PPC-only distributions; Yellow Dog and my
as-yet-unreleased Copland distro. There were a couple of others, but
they're long-gone abandonware. (I'd appreciate some programming help
with Copland, if there's anyone on here with a Mac and some Python
knowledge!)

--
Christopher Lees

Copland Operating System - Free up your Mac
COMING FEBRUARY
http://code.google.com/p/coplandppc/wiki/MainPage