The new introductory site

Akash Mehta draicone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 23:10:52 GMT 2007

Hi Elaine + others,

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

The 'Staff login' is just for anyone with access (currently just Chris and
myself) to login and edit pages, upload files etc. If it seems a bit
cabalist calling it a 'staff' area, I can hide the link away in the footer
as just 'Login'. I suppose if we needed more people to contribute we could
give them all accounts, LoCo members for instance, but that's up to Chris.

The 'contact us' page is really just a script but I'll add a text block to
it so that Chris can edit it. Should we put a LoCo contact with a link to
ubuntu.com.au as well? I can change this link to just 'Contact' or 'Contact
details'.

Regarding the text size, its possible you simply don't have the font
installed, because it seems to be a bit too big at my end (Windows XP
standard fonts + a few hundred I use in my work). In any case, on my box it
appears about twice as big as the content text on ubuntu.org.au. I could
probably add one of those text size changers for accessibility.

Also, any chance we could integrate my PayPal CD ordering system into the
site? Say, somewhere on a page it says 'You can also order Ubuntu within
Australia for a small fee and have it mailed out within the week', and link
to a page with the same system. At any rate the current blue theme seems
really out of place.

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

-- Akash