An Idea how to attack Windows and increas Linux presence.

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Thu Jan 11 09:24:45 GMT 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 18:54, Christopher Lees
<christopher_lees at iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 10:31 +0000, ubuntu-au-request at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> wrote:
> > An Idea how to attack Windows and increas Linux presence.
>
> The OP suggested asking at places like Myer and DJs. Those are
> completely the wrong places to be hassling the staff, as the salespeople
> have absolutely no influence over buying decisions. I know, I used to
> work at Myer. They may be sympathetic to you, but that's no good - all
> the stock for these kinds of department stores is bought by some people
> sitting in an office somewhere in Melbourne.

Smaller computer shops would be a better bet. Not only do they handle
supply/sales decisions themselves, they also operate on razor-thin margins in
order to compete with name-brands like Dell. Anything to differentiate their
product or keep costs down would be a godsend for them. They can even make
money by selling support services.

--
"Spyware creators have been taking advantage of gaping holes in IE's security
model, allowing them to install NT services and OS extensions through the IE