LCA Open Day plans

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Wed Jan 10 10:39:25 GMT 2007

Greetings,

Paul Schulz wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:
>> Melissa Draper wrote:
>> > - A few hundred of the brochures. We might get some (iirc ~200) from
>> > Canonical, but around 400 is recommended. *Paul*, can you do this?
>
> I won't be able to I'm afraid.
> I have printed 22.. and they still need to be trimmed and folded.
> (It takes time on my slow printer) I can't produce 400.

Ok, I urge people to continue doing this. It would be nice to still have
*some* pretty colours around.

>> To have all this done by somewhere like Snap Printing would cost like
>> $700 -- which we simply do not have.
>
> How much for just the brochures?

The cheapest option for this is:

400 x A4 100gsm Matt - $614.90 Inc

The poster: A1 Matt: $99.30
> Paul

Ok, I've spent last night and today pondering how we should do this.

Unfortunately, the only way we're going to win here, is if we skimp on
colour. There's no way we can fund ample amounts of colour brochures,
and it seems we've been stiffed from above, since I've received nothing
in terms of brochures from Canonical. We do have 1000 Ubuntu PC CDs to
distribute though.

Additionally on this, can someone please arrange with Peter Baker, aka
jellyware, to collect the kubuntu, edubuntu and 64bit cds from him? He
is in Kuring Gai.

Anyway, what I am going to do tomorrow, is go to Officeworks get 100
photocopies of http://meldra.no-ip.info/ubuntu_contactcard.png (4 to a
page) and 400 http://meldra.no-ip.info/UbuntuPamphlet.png. This will
cost about $50 and I am willing to foot it. If people want to
contribute, they can either email me privately and request my paypal or
bank account details, or slip me a few dollars on the day.

The pamphlet was made by one of the Canadian fellow, and I found on my
harddrive this afternoon. It initially had a shaded background, but for
better quality when in black-and-white, i've made the background white.

</the executive decision that needed to be made>

However, we still need that poster :(

Ideas?

--
Sincerely