[Ubuntu-Au Dinner]

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Mon Jan 8 12:44:47 GMT 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 20:20, Andrew Swinn <andrew at swinndesign.com> wrote:
> On Monday 08 January 2007 19:39, SMOK wrote:
> > I went to Dick Smith shop and (of course) one of the sale guys asked me
> > "can I help you?".
> > I asked for a laptop with the Linux installed.
> > Robert
>
> Expecting any staff member of any Dick Smith store (now owned, along with
> Tandy, by the Woolworths Corporation) to provide sound advice is a
> pointless mission. I am surprised that he even knew what a Mac was.

Dick Smith New Zealand is considerably better (although I think the owners may
be different). Search for 'linux' at dse.com.au and dse.co.nz and the
disparity will be obvious.

--
"There are a number of significant vulnerabilities in technologies relating to
the IE domain/zone security model, the DHTML object model, MIME type