Spellcheck

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Thu Dec 27 08:42:22 GMT 2007

Melissa Draper wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:17:11 +1100
>>> From: david <daljo at gotalk.net.au>
>>> Subject: Spellcheck
>>> To: "ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com>
>>>
>>> Hi all i am having trouble with spell check again
>>>
>>> I'm using ubuntu 7.1 open office.
>>> when I click on spell check it asks go to begining of doc -I click yes
>>> and it says spell check is complete but it has not checked the doc.
>>> I recall some issues with the installation of the language packaging but
>>> cant remember how to fix it . any help is of assistance. thanks,
>>> regards
>>> David
>>> PS spelling is being checked in evolution.
>>>

>> Verify that you have aspell and its english component installed.
>> I had to manually install them as they weren't installed by default.
>>
>> In a terminal type:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install aspell aspell-en
>
> Since there's not actually an 'aspell-en' package, pick from one of the
> following:

It must have been a good christmas as I seem to still be recovering.

There is actually an aspell-en package. I misread it as myspell probably
since that's what oo.o and ubuntu uses by default. The default languages
are en-gb and en-us. Pick from below as per previous message.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com