Spellcheck

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Thu Dec 27 06:26:42 GMT 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:17:11 +1100
> From: david <daljo at gotalk.net.au>
> Subject: Spellcheck
> To: "ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hi all i am having trouble with spell check again
>
> I'm using ubuntu 7.1 open office.
> when I click on spell check it asks go to begining of doc -I click yes
> and it says spell check is complete but it has not checked the doc.
> I recall some issues with the installation of the language packaging but
> cant remember how to fix it . any help is of assistance. thanks,
> regards
> David
> PS spelling is being checked in evolution.

Verify that you have aspell and its english component installed.
I had to manually install them as they weren't installed by default.

In a terminal type:

sudo apt-get install aspell aspell-en

Then OpenOffice.org and click on Tools > Options > Language Settings >
Languages. And under "Default Languages for Documents" section, select
your desired English language whilst making sure it has a 'ABC' icon
next to the language.
Note: The 'ABC' icon means that there is a dictionary installed for this
language.

Hope this helps.

--
Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au>