Blackberry curve

Dave Hall ubuntu at skwashd.com
Wed Dec 19 03:45:47 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 11:36 -0800, bob at weisfilms.com wrote:
> I have been trawling through the various fora to see if I can sync my
> Curve with Evolution with no luck so far.  Is it possible with the USB
> connection?

>From what I have read, you need barry + opensync.  I don't know if it
uses USB or not.

Install opensync with :

sudo apt-get install opensync-plugin-evolution multisync-gui opensync-plugin-syncml

I am not sure if you will need the syncml plugin or not, but it won't hurt to have it.

Grab all the ubuntu debs from

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153722

Save them to a directory, such as /tmp/barry

Then run
sudo dpkg -i /tmp/barry/*.deb

Now run
multisync-gui

Click the add button

Enter a name (such as "evo-bb-curve", click apply

Click edit for the sync group you just created

Select the data types you wish to sync

Click Add Memeber

Click evolution 2.0 and click apply

Click on the new evolution 2.0 option

Select the locations as appropriate to your setup

Click add member

Select the barry/blackberry option

Click apply

Click the blackberry/barry option

Configure as required

Click close

Click refresh and wait

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this as I don't won a BB.  Make backups
first.  I am happy to offer advice, but I will leave it in your capable
hands to completely f***up your device :)

I use opensync to sync my n95 and evo - it works well.  Let me know if
the above instructions work for you, so I can post them elsewhere for
others to enjoy.

HTH

Dave