lg dvd recorder disks wont mount

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Tue Aug 28 03:06:20 BST 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, James Takac <p3nndrag0n at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Have 2 lg dvr's, a DR4812W & DR6921W. Windows is able to mount the disks
> (dvd-rw) for the most part but ubuntu is unable to mount them at all.

We came across a similar problem when recording video for linux.conf.au. Some
DVD recorders, we found, do not finalise discs when they are done unless you
explicitly tell them to do so.

--
"Anyone entrusted with power will abuse it if not also animated with the love
of truth and virtue, no matter whether he be a prince, or one of the people."