Ubuntu Lite

Norman Ma norm1991 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:12:15 BST 2007

Hey Damian,

It doesn't sound like you're missing anything. It might just be a problem
with the CD images you've downloaded.

Have you checked you've burned the disc as the image, not just burning the
.iso file as a file?
Is your computer setup for booting from the CD-ROM? (I'm assuming it is,
since by the sound of things you've tried Edgy already)
Are you able to find an md5 or sha1 checksum for the .iso image? I can't
seem to find any on the 'Net.

Might I suggest using Xubuntu, the Ubuntu derivative using xfce instead of
GNOME for its desktop environment? I think you'll have more luck with that
than Ubuntu Lite. It's a much safer bet to find support for Xubuntu on the
Ubuntu forums, I think.

Cheers,

Norman Ma