Share Windows Machine's Internet Connection?

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 9 07:27:43 BST 2007

Yes, you'll need to use Internet Connection Sharing on the Windows machine.

It's a pretty simple process to set up.  Choose the device/link to share
(dial-up account), and choose the interface to share it out of (LAN
connection).

It will force the Windows box to use the address 192.168.0.1 on it's LAN
interface, and a small DHCP server will run, dishing out addresses to
connecting machines on the LAN.  Set your Ubuntu machine to pick up
addresses automatically by DHCP, and away you go!

-Dan