3rd ide master: some headway

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 5 07:08:43 BST 2007

On Sunday 05 August 2007 12:00:43 James Takac wrote:
> Well, the model of laptop being affected is indeed new. When I bought it a
> few weeks ago it had been on the market about 3 wks apparently. The
> notebook is an Asus F3SC-AS014E . Vista lists the drive as HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
> GSA-T20L ATA Device
>
> The release of Gusty aint that far down the track. Hopefully it will be
> working by then. I can for now plug in an external burner if needed till
> the issue is resolve one way or another
>
> James

Yep, thought it might be that - brand spanking new machine not yet well
supported in Linux. That happened to me last year when I bought my X2 system.
It wasn't well supported under Dapper but when Edgy came out everything
worked fine.

I'd say when Gutsy is released your worries will be over.

Cheers,
Les