evolution versus thunderbird

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:18:42 BST 2007

On 12/04/07, Todd Mazur <todd at netowl.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a Ubuntu newbie and was hoping to obtain some opinions regards
> Thunderbird versus Evolution as a suitable email client for Ubuntu. I
> don't have any need for much apart from the ability to send, receive and
> store a few emails a day. Is Evolution may stable than Thunderbird with
> Ubuntu? Thunderbird never causes me any problems even though it is on
> Windows.Hoping to get some advice in the matter.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Todd
> Tassie

Evolution is boxed with Ubuntu and therefore has it's blessing.  It also has
other features such as a calendar and appointment recorder.  Thunderbird
comes from the Mozilla Foundation and only operates as an email programme.
Both are fine programmes and I would hesitate to declare one better than the
other.

I find that Evolution does all the things that I need.  If you were to stick
with it you may come to the same conclusion.  That is my opinion.

The choice is yours.

Cheers,

Andre

andremangan at gmail.com