S.A. Parliament - Ubuntu Matter of Interest

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 08:23:44 BST 2006

Dear pengo,

I would be happy to help prepare and review such a document.

There are people on this list who have more information on case
studies etc. and there are also others who can help put the
appropriate South Australian emphasis on such a paper.

In particular I am thinking of the Bettong.Org[1] and the
Air-Stream[2] folk. There has also work being done by CISA[3] in the
area of ICT resources for not-for-profit groups.

It's a pity this wasn't raised earlier, as the recent Software Freedom
Day[4] saw groups getting together all across the contry, (two in
South Australia[5,6]), to celebrate Free and Open Source Software, and
promote it within the wider community.

Cheers,
Paul Schulz (ubuntero)

[1] - Bettong.Org - http://bettong.org
[2] - Air-Stream Community Wireless - http://air-stream.org
[3] - Communit Information Strategies Australia Inc. - http://www.cisa.asn.au/
[4] - http://sofftwarefreedomday.org
[5] - Software Freedom Showcase, Mawson Centre - http://sfs.mawsonlakes.org
[6] - Software Freedom Day Expo, Hallet Cove -
http://southernvaleslug.org/~sfd2006/