Meeting summary - 19th September 2006

Andrew Swinn andrew at swinndesign.com
Wed Sep 20 02:56:04 BST 2006

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Melissa Draper">
>
>>     * What happened where and how successfully - MelissaDraper elkbuntu
>>           o 1000 dapper cds in Melbourne
>>           o 200 cds at Canberra at the previous week's substitute SFD
>
> Probably around 200 in Sydney. Medium-touch handouts, due to the nature of
> the event. Would be interested to know if the Melbourne ones were high touch
> or not. It's hard to hand out 1000 CDs in a valuable way.

Here in Dubbo we handed out about 80 or so. I have not counted the
remainder as yet. Every CD that was handed out though was done so with
some dialogue with the receiver. We printed out a heaps of A4
information sheets that were half about the Ubuntu CD and what it does,
and half about what our club is about and these were given out with
every CD as well.

I was burning the Open Source Free CD on demand for people. A lot of
those who took them were happy to wait the few minutes for burning and a
few returned after shopping to pick their copy up. I think I ended up
doing about 20 or so.

Now I am just deciding what to do with the extras. I don't think it will
take me long to distribute them locally through the club meetings and so
forth.

Regards,

Andrew Swinn
Dubbo SFD Team