Meeting summary - 19th September 2006

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Tue Sep 19 08:54:44 BST 2006

Greetings,

Last night's meeting was by far the most productive one in quite a
while. We had the pleasure of the presence of members of the NZ LoCo
team and the Ubuntu Community Manager, Jono Bacon.

A summary of this meeting follows.

Mentoring a fellow LoCo
-----------------------
    * Our LoCo is going to be involved in mentoring a fellow loco, the
NZ team. They are joining us today to have their input on the SFD topic :)
          o While we had the presence of the NZ team, there was lots of
discussion occurring and the SFD topic didnt touched by them. A meeting
for NZ set for tomorrow (19th at 9am UTC)
          o MelissaDraper (elkbuntu) will be the main point of contact,
a 2IC needs to be appointed

SFD Wrap-up
-----------
    * What happened where and how successfully - MelissaDraper elkbuntu
          o 1000 dapper cds in Melbourne
          o 200 cds at Canberra at the previous week's substitute SFD

The status of Edgy Eft
----------------------
    * How is Ubuntu progressing with Eft? Where is help needed? What
release parties are people planning? - PaulSchulz pschulz01
          o Resident devs Fujitsu and ajmitch filled us in

ubuntu.org.au
-------------
    * Should we use this as our main address when pointing people to the
team page? - DavidSymons bimberi
    * The Documentation section of [WWW] http://www.ubuntu.com.au/ is
stagnant. What thoughts are there on what to do about it? I'd suggest
moving the valuable content to the wiki and taking it off the site. --
DavidSymons bimberi
          o It was decided to use .org.au
          o Documentation will be moved to the wiki so that more people
can work on it

As usual, you can see the log etc via the wiki.

Next meeting will be held on the 2nd of October. I hope to see you all
then :)

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper