Stickers Update

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Sat Sep 9 13:49:44 BST 2006

TigerWolf - wrote:
> A south australian distributer too?
>
> On 9/9/06, *Akash Mehta* <draicone at gmail.com
> <mailto:draicone at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     It would be good if we could get a Brisbane distributor of these to
>     save postage time. If they get here early enough, you could even send
>     them to the SFD team here in Brisbane, although it might seem a little
>     biased on their part as they're not particularly Ubuntu orientated.
>     I'm sure Melissa can arrange to have 50 or so sent over.
>
>     On 9/9/06, Pete Brown <pete at geekbuilt.com.au
>     <mailto:pete at geekbuilt.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     >
>     > i am also willing to distribute them to brisbanites and possibly
>     quenslanders
>     > in general.
>     >

Greetings

Without trying to burst people's bubbles here, I think I need to clarify
some points.

There is *only one* official Australian distribution address for the
distribution of stickers, and this is the one listed on the System76
website ( http://system76.com/index.php/cPath/53_64 ). Currently, this
is my P.O Box. To create distribution points in the various regions of
Australia will take *more* maintainance than just having one point of
distribution. Not even the US where system76 is located has more than
one distribution point.

The communications I have received are showing that the stickers will
probably not be in my hands, with enough time to distribute them
interstate. So things are going to have be as per what I advised in my
previous mail:

* telling people to either mail to me as per normal arrangements,

Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:

Sticker Offer
P.O Box 1412
Lavington, NSW 2641

an example of how is at http://meldra.no-ip.info:8080/poweredbypostermail.png

[and|or]

* taking addresses and 50c for postage (if you dont want to pay for dozens of stamps) so that when I get the stickers to you, you can distribute them. If you choose this option, I believe it will be best if you could tell me how many requests you have had for the stickers after SFD has happened. I do not really want to send excess amounts all over the place and have myself left short. I've had envelopes start to arrive over the later part of the past week and I don't even have the stickers to send yet. Envelopes are still welcome, however.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper