Re install SpeedTouch 530 modem

Akash Mehta draicone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 05:31:02 BST 2006

You should be able to use the Easy Setup to configure the modem
connect automatically.
Because it is a lan thing, you should not need a driver as Ubuntu will
recognise as just another host (I think).

The only problem I can think of is that your modem wasn't on when
Ubuntu booted, and so Ubuntu did not automatically request an IP
address. Try rebooting with your modem on, or try pinging
203.16.214.17 (Internode, an australian ISP and consequently the first
IP address I could think of) to check that you can in fact connect to
the internet, just not access web addresses.