IRC REgister

Minarwan rodinia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 01:52:08 GMT 2006

I use xchat-gnome to connect to one of the IRC servers (for example
Freenode). My registration process is as follows:

Type:
/nickserv register yourpassword

If it doesn't work try the help manual:
/msg nickserv help register

However when you are using other IRC server for example dal.net, you
need to use your email address:

Type:
/nickserv register yourpassword youremail

Then check your mailbox, make sure you check your spam or junk folder.

Do what the email tell you to do.

Once your nick registered you can identify yourself when connected by
typing:

/nickserv identify yourpassword

For help try typing:
/msg nickserv at services.dal.net help register

or

/nickserv help register

I never register a nick in IRC using Gaim so you may want to try it
yourself if it worked.

Cheers
Min