Software Preferences Error

smithveg smithveg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 16:18:47 BST 2006

My systems' Software Preferences seems not works correctly, and i'm not sure
what was doing wrong.

Now, When i opent the synaptic package manage

it give me the error as below,
######################
The following problems were found on your system:
E: Type 'http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt' is not known on line 32 in
source list /etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
######################

Then i click ok to close the message.
Then i try to click reload, the error as below occue,
######################
Could not download all repository indexes

The repository might be no longer available or could not be contacted
because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed
index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your
network connection and the correct writing of the repository address in the
preferences.

I noticed that the resources.list in [read-only], how can i make the changes
there? Or you need my resources.list file? I'm new to linux, if you reply,
hopes that you can explain to me a bits clear. Thanks.

Thanks.

--
smithveg