New Page Idea

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Oct 20 07:05:31 BST 2006

<quote who="Lex Hider">

> Is it all feasible to make this automatic for aussie users. i.e. After
> installing, sources.list points to your isp's mirror if it has one for
> ubuntu.

This is already done on a national scale, but not a regional, local or ISP
scale. If you choose Australia as your location during install, various
things will be set up nicely for you, including au.archive.ubuntu.com. It is
much harder to figure out which ISP you're using (asking would be abusive),
and whether or not their mirror is any good. The ones set up in the official
DNS are at least tested and trusted.

- Jeff

                        We're passe with class, eh?