au secours

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Oct 8 15:28:25 BST 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 11:39, "Andre Mangan" <andremangan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to you all,
>
> The transition to Ubuntu for me is still not yet total.  There are a few
> programs that I have become used to and would like to ask if there are
> equivalents or better that will work in Ubuntu.  The Official Ubuntu Book
> lists some equivalents but unfortunately not the ones I need.
>

>    1. Mailwasher Pro, a program that will let me preview emails before
>    downloading.  Very good for sifting spam.  Unfortunately it will not let
> me download selectively to separate computers.

A little Web browsing brought up the old Linux Magazine article:

  http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/46/POP3_Antispam.pdf

It refers to three tools, Eremover, Kshowmail and PopWash.

Also, Kmail has POP filtering support, giving it a limited ability to filter
e-mail without downloading it.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

"In this environment of lean budgets and concerns about Microsoft's attention
to customers, noncommercial software such as Linux and OpenOffice is seen as
an interesting, 'good enough' or 'free' alternative."
		- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, 2004-04-28