au secours

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 01:12:47 BST 2006

I appreciate that the Message Tag program has aroused the curiosity of some
list members but I am unable to assist with identifying the mechanics of
it.  Hence, further discussion on that topic is not at all productive for
me.  I am not trying to sell the product nor am I willing to debate its
ethical values.  My question was whether or not an equivalent existed for
Linux, nothing more.

So that you may satisfy your curiosity, I offer you the URL so you can check
things out for yourselves.  www.msgtag.com.  You might also like to look at
Mailwasher which is at www.firetrust.com

When I opened gmail this morning, right there above the box that lists the
mail was an ad that stated "Did they read it ?"  It links to
www.DidTheyReadIt.com
.  Guess what!  An email tagging program that works in Linux.  Has somebody
out there been reading our listmail and come to the rescue ?  This one is
costly though.  Who is going to question Google's ethics for promoting this
product ?  I took a screenshot just for the record.

In a letter to Message Tag management I asked whether or not they have a
Linux version of their program - they have answered no.  In view of the ad
on gmail this morning I will contact them again - it pays to let companies
know that not everyone uses MSWindows.  I have contacted Firetrust, makers
of Mailwasher this morning with a similar question.  Firetrust have just
announced (I am on their mailing list) that another product in their range,
'Site Hound', a recalcitrant website blacklist, is now available for Firefox
(Firefox on MSWindows).

A number of you have offered me practical help with coming to grips with
letting go of the old and familiar and these offers have just made my day.
Is there any objection to contacting you via your private email address ?  I
promise to switch tagging off.

Sincerely,
Andre