Meeting summary, October 2nd, 2006.
melissa at meldraweb.com
Mon Oct 2 12:47:58 BST 2006
I'm going to be punctual in sending this out this week. Yay!
LoCo Mentoring Update
* Mailing list and #ubuntu-nz channel are going well.
Wiki Working Bee
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam needs a bit of a tidy. Some
stuff still points to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Old, some
things are maybe out-dated, and there's definately more stuff that could
* People will work on it.. I hope.
Language and the CoC (not on agenda, was brought up and so discussed)
* Swearing is not explicitly outlawed by the CoC, however the CoC does
state: *The Ubuntu community and its members treat one another with
respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution to Ubuntu. We may not
always agree, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour and poor
* Restrictions regarding swearing were laxed slightly, to allow people
to feel like they can relax:
o It was agreed that we will be respectful in our use of bad language
o We will not get worked up because someone uses bad language
occasionally, but we will not condone excessive, offensive or explicitly
directed use of it
Feel free to discuss anything above on this here mailing list. Please
keep discussion about the last point respectful
Phone: 0404 595 395
P.O Box 1412
Lavington, NSW 2641
More information about the ubuntu-au