Bounced posts...

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 15 08:04:11 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:33:10 +0800
Dave Dartnall <darts at dialix.com.au> wrote:

> On 5th November I posted a request for help on the list, and was advised
> that due to my not being a member I was out of order to post but that
> the list moderator would check the post and advise.
>
> On the next day I emailed my apology, expressed the wish to join and
> subsequently registered as a member, receiving confirmation from you on
> Nov 10. On the following day I re-posted the original request  only to
> have it bounced again because it was too large but with the same proviso
> that it would be examined by the list moderator and that I would be advised.
>
> I have yet to receive any response from you with the exception of the
> standard responses referred to - not even any of the ongoing daily posts
> to the list.
>
> And I still need the help originally sought please.

Hi Dave,  sorry to hear you have had troubles. I'm not in any way involved
with the list administration, so I can't help directly with those problems.

This post is the only one I have received from the list that has your name
on it - I can't find your Nov 5 post, so I assume it never reached the
list.

Perhaps you could re-post your original request for help ( the November 5
one, I assume )

Do you know why the original post was too large? Perhaps you included an
attachment - in that case the best solution would be to upload the
attachment somewhere, and send a link to it, if it is necessary for the
question you asked.

I'm sending this to you off-list as well, in case for some reason the list
posts are not making it to you yet.

Peter