firefox 2.0 install

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sat Nov 4 00:21:58 GMT 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 00:37, smithveg <smithveg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had just finish the firefox 2.0 download from http://www.mozilla.com/
> I just get a zip file, 'firefox-2.0.tar.gz'. After extract, i do not know
> how to install.
> I do read the installation guide from
> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/#install
>
> But i am really not sure how to do the installation.

You're much better sticking with the software that's in the repositories. If
you're using Dapper (or earlier), you should look to see if Firefox 2 is
available in the backports repository. This should save you a lot of trouble.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

GNU/Linux: because I reboot less often than Windows users reinstall.