No build essential on Dapper Flight 7 CD

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Fri May 12 03:45:25 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 12:35 +1000, Mark M Lambert wrote:

> I just did a fresh install of Dapper Flight 7 from the CD.
> I need to compile my modem drivers, but the "build essential" package is
> not on the CD, yet it was with Breezy.

I've found that on the new live/install combo CD that a number of
packages have been dropped and it looks like build essential may well be
another that has been sacrificed. I'd assume this is due to space
constraints of a combined live/install CD.

--
"The Government's position remains that we were advised by Defence that
children were thrown overboard, we made those allegations on the basis

The Truth: "I left him in no doubt that there was no evidence, that
there were no children thrown overboard."
--Mike Scrafton (7:30 Report, 16 August 2004)