Blog and docs

Steven Tucker steventucker at iinet.net.au
Tue May 9 19:13:06 BST 2006

Hi all,

First up I would like to thank Paul Schulz for being the first person to
jump in and assist with the documentation project.
He has posted in the blog about the start of his Not-For-Profit and
community groups paper, please everyone visit
http://docs.ubuntu-au.org/blogs/ and check out Pauls work. It takes all
of a minute to do so, but would be a great boost, he obviously has some
good ideas, but far greater than that, he is actually doing something
about them.

Second I would like to thank William Grant for moving the blog and
webpage accross to http://docs.ubuntu-au.org, he has gone out of his way
to give me everthing I need to manage the project effectively, as well
as a couple of tips within bash.

Lastly however, I must say it is a little dissappointing that I have not
recieved a response from more people, in particular those that were
preaching for a registered group, as the type of commitment required for
this small project, is less than one tenth of the effort and commitment
required to launch a registered group. I think this kinda proves that
going the next step to a legal entitiy is one of daydreams, as I doubt
very much any one would put the time and effort in.

For those of you who beleive I am being too harsh, I invite you to
contribute to the docs project, we are all busy, we all have other
things to do, but some of us make time, others make excuses.

We need volunteers to help, so far the only docs started have been by
Paul and Dave Kempe with his email.
here is an opportunity to actually help create something, docs seem
boring, but they are probably the most essential part of making the LoCo
team of any use, and it can be alot of fun once you start.

thanks again to those who have taken the time to help out.

Tuxta