Ubuntu

Cameron Crothers jprogrammer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 00:12:10 BST 2006

Bob,

Well you are right to synaptic and apt-get all just download to cache and
then install them, you can clear the cache with the apt-cache command, you
have to store the files somewhere and not keep them around indefinably since
you could run out of room.

gdesklets are just another application so like you might like gaim to start
with every session you have to start gdesklets with every session you can
add it to your session options if you look in System->Preferences->Sessions
and add the gdesklets command.

As for the Motorola problem I can't help there except to say that you could
be in for a treat Motorola is notorious for being too propitiatory so you
may never be able to talk to it from Linux without using VMWare and running
windows etc.

Cameron

JBlog: http://jprogrammer.profusehost.net/