Summary of Fortnightly Meeting - June 27th 2006

Pete Brown pete at geekbuilt.com.au
Wed Jun 28 14:16:43 BST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 22:55, Pete Brown wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:29, James Purser wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 20:50 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > > Nice work, although I'm not sure if splintering the English community
> > > into different dialects is a good idea. Wouldn't it be better to work
> > > on a single en_GB translation? One comprehensive translation is
> > > preferable to a dozen half-complete ones, IMHO, most English variants
> > > are essentially identical or very similar to en_GB, and en_AU is not an
> > > exception.
> > >
> > > BTW, if memory serves me correctly, I am responsible for renaming
> > > "Trash" to "Garbage Bin". "Rubbish Bin" would be an acceptable
> > > alternative.
>
> heh
> what about "Recycling Bin"?

and no i wasn't thinking from a Windows perspective.

my brain was thinking about how i have been using it lately and Recycling
seems the best name.

only after i send the message did i remember that Windows calls it a recycling
bin.
this is just an example of how little time i spend in windows land.

--
Peter Brown
Partner
E   pete at geekbuilt.com.au