OS trivia

Elaine de Saxe coolowl at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jun 17 03:13:34 BST 2006

> "The thing he [Bill Gates] realised about the windows was this:
> because they
> had been converted into openable windows after they had first been
> designed
> to be impregnable, they were, in fact, much less secure than if
> they had been
> designed as openable windows in the first place." - Douglas Adams
Mmm, interesting sig quote! Wish I understood what DA meant. Weird
thing is, DA is supposed to be one of the first Macintosh users in
the UK.

Elaine in Brisbane

PS: reading all the posts on OS-free laptops - if the buyer is
prepared to take on a used one (and this applies to desktops as well)
there are several dealers who supply without any software at all.
Frequently without even any installed OS.